The 2nd Victorian Backcountry Festival will happen at Mt Hotham over the weekend of September 7 and 8.
This is a call out for people who want to offer to lead a tour, hold a workshop or skillshare, present as part of our speaker’s program, or be involved in planning the festival.
Check here for the 2018 program to get a sense of what sort of things we’re looking for. Based on feedback from 2018, it would be great to have sessions on:
- Touring with splitboards
- A snow shoe tour
- Snow/ avalanche safety and navigation workshops
- Snow camping basics and building snow structures like caves and igloos
- We want to be able to offer intermediate and advanced tours as well as one suitable for beginners
- A kids tour
Do you like organising social events?
I would love to hear from you! Last year we held a backcountry film festival on the Saturday night. Would you like to help organise some kind of event – film festival, music/ gig or something else for about 200 people on the Saturday night? Please get in touch!
The program will run from 11am until 4.30pm on Saturday September 7.
You would be welcome to offer a session on anything backcountry and snow related. The venue is the upstairs room at The General.
Current speakers include:
- Two-time Olympic skier and Hotham skier Katya Crema
- Hotham legend Buff Farnell will do a presentation on the Hotham sidecountry terrain
- National reporter and backcountry enthusiast Melissa Clarke
- An introduction to Protect Our Winters and how to get involved with POW.
Please get in touch if you’re keen to be involved in anyway: